10 Reasons to Book a Massage Today
You know that massage is good for you, and that the positive effects from a great massage leave you feeling like a million bucks. So, what’s stopping you from getting more massage? Here are 10 reasons to inspire you to book your next appointment today…
1. Massage can give your immune system a boost. We all need immune system support this time of year. Massage is known to boost production of lymphocytes – the white blood cells which help fight off disease. Research suggests it helps the body to fight infections and reduce the severity and duration of bugs and minor illnesses.
2. It can improve your quality of sleep. If you're struggling with insomnia, massage therapy may be the answer. Massage can help balance your sleep pattern, helping you fall asleep faster and stay asleep, and reduce the fatigue that goes with not getting enough sleep.
3. Massage reduces stress levels. Massage is known to help reduce cortisol levels in the body. Cortisol is a primary stress hormone, and chronic elevated levels are not good for your body. At the same time, massage has been shown to boost serotonin and dopamine levels, making you feel more relaxed and happy.
4. It improves your sense of well-being. The action of massage stimulates alpha brain waves, which are associated with relaxation, and promotes the release of endorphins – the body’s feel-good chemicals.
5. Massage can help improve your posture. Massage helps to train your muscles to be in better balance, providing better skeletal support, and correcting imbalances caused by sitting for long periods of time.
6. A massage can help increase your range of motion. Massage stimulates the production of lubricants between connective tissues and joints, which improves movement, flexibility, and balance.
7. Massage can speed up healing. Massage can help reduce muscle soreness and stiffness associated with overuse or injury. It can help reduce scar tissue, freeing up movement and enhancing your recovery.
8. It improves circulation. Massage therapy is excellent for boosting blood circulation, which helps to deliver oxygen and nutrients around the body more efficiently.
9. Massage helps to ease discomfort associated with some health conditions. Massage therapy can help with several common health conditions. If you suffer with constant back, leg and neck pain, muscle tension and spasm, massage can help relax the muscles and break the pain cycle. Symptoms of conditions like multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, arthritis, and some digestive disorders may be relieved with massage.
10. Massage increases lymphatic flow. The lymphatic system is an important system of tubes and lymph nodes running throughout your body which make up a critical part of the immune system. It helps to fight bacteria and other infections. A healthy lymph flow helps clear toxins from your body.
And, the bonus reason for getting a massage - it feels amazing! That feeling of incredible well-being creates a cascade of good chemistry in the body, creating space for healing to happen.
Have I convinced you to book that appointment yet? :-) Check out my affordable massage memberships to see how you can save 50% off your massage!